Friday, September 16, 2011

Crucifying the Flesh II

Moreover being in the flesh can have some harsh consequences whether its damaging a relationship or falling into sexual temptation! The Lust of the Flesh is a tool the enemy uses to stifle self control! Whenever we let our guard down and stop praying, our worldly thoughts, ways, and worse off the Lust of the Flesh creeps up as the prince of the AIR swoops in, takes over, and attempts to quench the Holy Ghost! Recently I met with a female and my emotions got out of hand because of the way we interacted! When I was in the world I used to seek girl's love for validation as I was insecure! Satan saw this as an opportunity to keep me bound to the things the Lord delivered me from! I saw that the girl might have shown interest and my emotions began growing, however I was fulfilling the desires of the flesh that were in opposition to God! Proverbs 4:23 "Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life". It is crucial for us to keep our hearts because life emanates from it just as well as it can give way to temptation. Mathew 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. When I am not vigilant over my heart and all the emotions that spring from it, it will affect how I act. Dring this vulnerable state while my guard was down I behaved irrationally and said things I should not have said. Because my mind was not renewed by the Word of God and the flesh overrode the Spirit I let my feelings get the best of me! Self control is one of the most important aspects to living a Christ centered life!

I learned so much from crucifying the deeds of the Body! Being sober-minded not only grounds you in firmness of faith but brings you closer to the Lord! Moreover one you are strongly rooted, you will be well equipped to preach the gospel and draw people near to Christ! As long as we are filled with the Holy Ghost and fix our eyes on Christ people will begin to thirst for the kingdom and our desire to get closer to the Lord and to serve him will grow! Prayer: Lord before we were slaves to sin Please make us slaves to righteousness and give us the strength to fight the lust of the flesh and the passions of our sinful nature! We thank YOU for pouring down your love upon us and showing us your grace and mercy! Please keep our minds purified and maintain us as sanctified Vessels! May we pursue holiness and righteousness with all our heart! We are ambassadors for Christ, now we must live like it!

Galatians 5:24 "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. We must sacrifice the flesh in order to gain the Kingdom."

Galatians 6:17 "From now on let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment