Sunday, September 18, 2011

Trust in Him I

Matt 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I have reached a division in my life! Its a road that diverges and I must choose a path! This past year I was at Stony Brook getting my Masters and I had the privilege of being part of BASIC a campus ministry! As a new believer in Christ I had a lot of questions, confusion, temptations, and no support system! I could feel the devil attempting to destroy my testimony but above it all the almighty GOD kept me from the fire and delivered me from the pit! Everything happened for a reason and was perfect in its time! I had desired Christian friends and was totally isolated from the world in hopes of escaping temptation. God gave me the grace to sustain myself during this period of no Christian fellowship! I learned a lot about myself, God's children, His love, mercy and grace. I learned about mission trips and still remember the people who ministered in BASIC! I was inspired by the stories that I heard and the people that I met! But most importantly I appreciated the Love and affection that was offered by the people in the club(ministry)! A couple of days after my 1st meeting in BASIC with a girl in the meeting and it was a great pleasure to find out these people really CARED ABOUT ME! Instead of paying taxis, I would get rides home from (who is now) my close friend.

BASIC became my family while I was there! I grew spiritually and prospered. I never expected that simply being a member of a club would open doors for my future career and opportunities to travel! Through BASIC I was bale to impact lives! Many young Christian men sought me for advice! I loved mentoring so me filling that void was meant to be!

Now the Academic aspect of my year at Stony Brook had its trials! More than one time I was on the brink of failing a test or a class but by God's grace I was able to pass those classes/exams. The Masters I did was linked with the medical school! After all the challenges and close calls during the school year I still fulfilled the minimum GPA requirement but still had to fulfill the MCAT requirement! I took the MCAT in January 2011 and earned a 24 MCAT which is the score they required, however I fell short in one section by 2 points! So I retook it after I finished school in late June! However I went to Nigeria in Mid July and I left a couple of days before I received my score. I could have checked my results in Nigeria but I didn't want to get distracted from God's work and mess up my Missionary trip. Well when I returned from Nigeria with so much zeal the first thing I did was check my score. I checked one section first and saw a 5, then looked at the total score and was completely blown away. I was disgusted, ashamed, shocked, and felt like a failure and feelings of inadequacy began to sink IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment